Aim of the project is to develop and test innovative instruments, which facilitate employability of older workers by removing existing obstacles (awareness in the society, new skills, and creative solutions) and making working attractive for the target group. By enhancing the sense of initiative and entrepreneurship we will create a pool as an e-market by using internet to sell goods and services. In order to support and organise these new entrepreuneurs we establish in each partner country (DE,AT,FR,IT,TR and UK) an virtuel bazaar (webspace) which overtakes the overall tasks (training, marketing, adminsitrative) for all entrepeneurs in collective, so they are embedded in a “collective entrepeneurship” instead of struggling individualy with similar problems. We address unemployed and retired people 50+ and encourage and train them to provide service and/or goods either with their already existing skills and experience like teachers, web designer, accountants, hairdresser, tailor, masseur, cook, elderly care services, gardener, or with their creative hobbies; photographing, painting, writing, sewing, woodworking. Aims and impact: Guidance and encouragement to improve older people´s employability, revalue and upgrade their competences and knowledge. Project will stimulate target group to learn a new qualification and/or to start their own e-business. Coaching and a training course as well a dialog platform to share good practice and advocate changes in attitudes of older people themselves and society are outputs of the project.
The objectives of the proposal “Bazaar” are
- Promote creativeness (2009 is year of innovation and creativeness) and enhance the sense for initiative and entrepreneurship
- A major shift in attitudes to working at an older age on the part of employers, SME, costumer, society and older workers themselves.
- Awareness raising and open minding for the new approach for employment of older workers
- A network to encourage and support older people
- European dimension of understanding and learning from each other; good practices: Of the 55 to 64 year olds in United Kingdom 58 percent are in employment.
- Guidance and encouragement to improve older people´s employability, revalue and upgrade their competences and knowledge. Since everyone gathers knowledge, skills and experience during their life (formal, informal, non formal) not only to work in one's previous profession, but also to explore new and interesting ones. Project will stimulate them to learn a new qualification and/or to start their own business:
- Age is no barrier for setting up a business when you’re over 50
- How putting your creativity to work
- How to earn money with your hobbies
- Motivating yourself to become self-employed
- E-marketing –the power of the Internet
- How to use your already existing knowledge, skills
- How to gain new skills
- How to run an e-shop
- Establishing a bazaar to support individual entrepeneurs so they are embedded in a “collective entrepeneurship” instead of struggling individualy with the similar problems and face probably some dead ends.